- Story Ideas
- Send Corrections
For the chocolate cake lovers out there – this one will have your guests begging you for the recipe! To me there is no flavor of the cola in the cake, yet the cola makes the cake so moist and extra chocolaty it makes a big positive flavor enhancer. I even converted some non-chocolate lovers to come to the CHOCOLATE SIDE with this one! The chocolate flavor is not overpowering and I highly recommend your serving this next time you want a great dessert!
Chocolate Cola Cake
• 1 (18.25-ounce) package devil’s food cake mix
• 1 (4-serving) package chocolate instant pudding mix
• 4 eggs
• 1/2 cup vegetable oil
• 1 3/4 cups cola, divided (see Option)
• 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
• 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
• 1 (16-ounce) package confectioners’ sugar, sifted
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 1 cup chopped nuts
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl, beat cake and pudding mixes, the eggs and oil at low speed with an electric beater until blended. Gradually add 1-1/4 cups cola. Increase beater speed to medium, and beat 2 minutes; pour batter into prepared baking dish.
3. Bake 30 to 35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
4. In a large saucepan, combine butter, cocoa, and remaining 1/2 cup cola; cook over medium heat until butter melts, stirring constantly. Do not allow to boil. Remove from heat; stir in confectioners’ sugar and vanilla then the pecans.
5. Spread warm frosting over top of warm cake; cool completely on a wire rack I doubled the icing recipe on the cake because I love a good thick coating!
Linda Yuengel resides in Fleetwood.